WP2 Quality requirements for end-use
In WP2 an extended and detailed picture of Danish gas utilisations looking ahead to 2035 will be established. For each technology the tolerance acceptable for gas quality variations will be analysed and a catalogue of solutions in order to broaden the tolerance will be prepared. It will be identified which gas utilisations are the most suitable for the new gases, especially in the industrial sector(s). The scope of the WP comprises transport, power generation, domestic and industrial use. The WP will cover new gases (H2, biogas, syngas, bio methane..) and will include both scenarios of injection into the natural gas grid and scenarios based on use in dedicated grids. The work will be organized in 5 main tasks:
- 2.1: Mapping of the Danish gas utilisations and evolution (main appliances, consumption, etc.)
- 2.2: Analysis of impact of gas quality on appliances.
- 2.3: Tests in laboratory (in support of task 2.2).
- 2.4: Investigation of existing and upcoming solutions to broaden gas quality variations (sensors, etc.).
- 2.5: Analysis of future potentials with focus on gas use in the industrial sector.
Part of the work for task 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be based on international contacts through DGC and exchange with experts involved in present investigations. The work will enable us to see how appliances/utilisation and markets are and will include various scenarios of gas qualities variations. The work will be used as input for the other WPs, but also to identify what would be the most appropriate utilisations of gas in the near future considering the market evolution and the change in gas specifications. Special attention will be given to industrial gas applications as they may be especially adapted to the development of new gases. Work in WP2 will be supported by a PostDoc who will benefit from DGC’s international network in the gas industry.
- J. Schweitzer
- DGC – Danish Gas Technology Center
- DTU Management Engineering
- HMN Naturgas
- Delft University of Technology